1315 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Welcome to The Entrepreneurs’ Resource! Whether you are an established entrepreneur or just thinking about owning your own business, this webpage will provide you with helpful information to start and grow your business.
We believe that growing small and medium-sized minority owned businesses is one of the best ways to close the wealth gap in America and provide real economic empowerment to our communities.
The Northern Virginia Urban League hosts a variety of programs and supports initiatives that continually improve the environment within which minority-owned entrepreneurs operate. Check this page often for information on our ongoing programs and partners.
Check this page often for helpful information on starting and running your own successful business.
· Write your Business Plan! Click here or here for a guide to drafting an effective business plan.
· Need information and help finding space and establishing your business in Northern Virginia? Click here for assistance in the City of Alexandria; or here for assistance in Fairfax County; or here for assistance in Arlington County.
· Need information on starting, financing or expanding your business? Click here or here.
· Can’t find a small business loan in Virginia? Click here to get capital for your business!
· Looking for Contracting opportunities in Virginia? Find an opportunity here.
· Looking for training opportunities in your community and helpful resources to grow your business? Click here or here for more information.
· Are you a veteran? Find resources to start and grow your business here.
· U.S. Small Business Administration: The Small Business Administration provides counseling, advice, financial assistance and consulting services to new and growing businesses.
· BzLaunch: BizLaunch is a small business assistance center in Arlington Virginia, established to encourage and aid Arlington’s entrepreneurs through counseling, research and education.
· AEDP: AEDP assists businesses and targeted industries with information regarding the availability of sites and facilities, office and retail space, and economic and demographic statistics for the City of Alexandria. Working closely with local, state and regional organizations, the AEDP promotes economic development options and programs.
· Virginia Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network: The Virginia SBDC’s are an organization of 29 local centers across Virginia providing professional business counseling, training and information resources to help grow and strengthen Virginia businesses.
· Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA): The FCEDA provides a wide array of information and free services designed to help American and international businesses locate or expand commercial operations in Fairfax County.
· MicroMentor: MicroMentor is a free service that helps entrepreneurs grow their businesses through mentoring relationships with experienced business professionals.
· Mason Enterprise Center: The Mason Enterprise Center provides business owners in Northern Virginia with access to resources required to help them expand their businesses, improve their organizations, and strengthen the local economy.
. Community Business Partnership - www.cbponline.org - Provides business opportunities for minorities, women and the disabled in Fairfax County, VA, in the areas of small business technical assistance and training, counselling and financing services.